Friday, November 9, 2007

Attica!!!!



You never know what will brighten your day. This morning I got up and drove over the hill to get a cup of coffee. As I rounded a bend there were three cars stuck behind a school bus. So I queued up and sat...and sat...and sat. After a couple of minutes I thought about giving a friendly tap on the horn to remind the bus driver that her anger at getting slapped around by her drunk husband shouldn't be used the following day in the form of a yellow, 6000lb passive-aggressive weapon. Just as I was ready to lean on the horn I heard another car begin to blast its horn. Never one to draw attention to myself I was pleased that someone else was taking the initiative. No sooner had I thought this than a cop, seated in his personal SUV directly in front of me, jumped out of his car, ran up to the honking car's window and began a roid-raged litany that would have put a chimpanzee to shame. He pointed at the school bus, pointed at a couple of wide eyed children staring out the back window and then stuck his finger through the open window of the car into the face of the driver. The beauty of it all was that the driver had to have been no less than 80 years old. The cop was relentless. As the bus pulled away the cop continued to scream at the driver. Now the line behind me was beginning to get agitated at the cop for holding up the line but not a soul dared honk. After a few more nasty gestures the cop stormed back to his vehicle, slammed the door and spun out around the old man. The poor old bastard was on queer street. He had his head so far up his ass after that that he ran a stop sign in front of me and nearly clipped a car. I kind of felt sorry for him but at the same time....better him than me.

1 comment:

Kevin Patrick Gannon said...

If it was you would you have fought the cop?
I would.